CEM Discover + Explorer
Name: Discover SP + Explorer
Gerätetyp: Microwave reactor
Overall Dimensions: 14.5"W x 17.2"D x 8.7"H (36.2 cm x 43.7 cm x 22.1 cm)
Electrical Requirements: 90 - 264 VAC 50/60 Hz, 10 Amp @120 VAC, 5 Amps @ 220 VAC
Magnetron Frequency: 2450 MHz
Power output: 300 W
Pressure: Monitor 0 - 35 Bar, Control 0 - 20 Bar
Temperature: -90 °C to 300 °C control range
Stirring: In-situ magnetic variable speed
Microwave applicator: Circular, single-mode self-tuning
Ethernet Port: 10 based T, 10 MB/sec
Serial Port: (2) RS-232, 9 pin IBM PC compatible
Patents: US Patents 6648659, 6666223, 6744024, 5459302, 6607920 B2 with others pending
- Explorer 12 Hybrid autosampler
- Rack for either 10 mL or 35 mL vessels
- Combination rack for 10 mL and 35 mL vessels
- 35 mL vessels and caps (5 each)
- 10 mL attenuator adapter
- (5) stir bars
- Rod and clamp for open vessel (reflux) reactions
- External controller with Synergy™ software
- A continuous microwave power delivery system with operator selectable power output from 0 - 300 watts programmable in 1-watt increments.
- A self-adjusting, single mode microwave cavity that is manually accessed via multiple attenuator ports.
- A 256 x 128 graphics display and on-board computer for programming and operational control of the system. The memory will store and recall methods.
- 3 safety interlocks and an interlock monitoring system to prevent microwave emission when the attenuator port is not properly installed.
- One (1) serial port for optional feature connections (1 RS 232).
- Two (2) ethernet ports for computer interface and network connection (optional confi guration).
- One RJ-11 port for peripheral connection.
- An accessory kit.
- Two (2) USB slots.
- Infrared Temperature Control System – This temperature control system uses a non-contact, infrared sensor to measure temperature. It is located below the microwave cavity fl oor and measures the temperature on the bottom of the vessel. The sensor is vessel volume independent and is used in a feedback loop with the on- board computer to control the temperature rise rate and control point of the vessel contents. Temperature is programmable from 0 °C to 300 °C.
- Stirring Option - The stirring option consists of an electromagnetic plate located below the fl oor of the microwave cavity. “Stirring” occurs when the magnetic fi eld couples with a stir bar in the vessel. The method setup enables the stirring feature and the stirring speed. Standard Tefl on-coated stir bars appropriate to the vessel size are used.
- Cooling Option – The cooling option consists of necessary valves and ports to direct a cooling gas (either nitrogen or “clean” air) onto the vessel in the system cavity. This option will decrease the temperature of a 2mL solution in a 10mL Pyrex reaction vessel from ~150 ºC to ~50 ºC in less than 120 seconds. Method setup enables the cooling feature.